Saturday 20 April 2013

Day Eight and Nine - Project 7

Monday, April 8

  I went to get my oil changed.  At the local chain place.  I mention this because this feels like a partial defeat.  I also had them change the engine air filter.  I ended paying about 70 bucks for these two things that I am certain with some time and a little capital and luck I should have been able to do myself.  When the guy at the  oil change place offered to change my cabin air filter and that the price all in for the day would jump to 160-something, I snapped.  Not at him.  More of something in my brain.  I thanked them, promised myself that by the next oil change required, I would have everything ready to do it myself, and drove to a store and bought a cabin air filter for my car for about 25 bucks all in, and put the damn thing in myself.  ARRRRGH.  should have done it for the engine one too.  Man.  Jeez.

  All in all though, more than a decade ago, I would go to the dealer to get new windshield wipers "installed", so these baby steps are all minor victories in the war against my own defiant incompetence.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment