Friday 5 April 2013

Day Two - Project 7

  Monday, April 1st

  Wouldn't it make more sense to prank people the OTHER 364 DAYS and be totally truthful on this day? People would totally not get it.

  I did the same thing with this project that Twain, running, and most of the others have allowed me to demonstrate about my character.  Attempt to go from zero to MASTAH in like a day or so.  I'm not going to fully comprehend internal combustion.  I'm a mechanical inept.  Also language, music, relationship.  Anytime I start to read about what something is, I start to get all three year old about its workings - "BUT WHY?"  And I continue in an infinite regression looking for root causes.  If I start reading about radar, I'll usually end up investigating Damascene steel weapons and then get sleepy and give up.

  I stopped trying to comprehend the theory of my engine for the meantime (dummy steps), and just went to get the handbook in my glove compartment for my car.  I spent a good half an hour trying to memorize the fluid reservoirs, dipstick locations, and fuse boxes of the vehicle without going out into the cold and dark.  Why explore the world?  My mommy and daddy get me a National Geographic subscription for Christmas every year.

  I found that there's a neat little info panel in the doorframe of my car with the required tire size and air pressure.  That's cool.  And since something poked a great big hole in my tire last Wednesday and I had to wait for the end of the Easter holiday to pick up my patched tire, I'll be learning how good the jack for my Kia Forte is tomorrow.  I should have put it on today, but it's COLD.  I'm including whatever time it takes as  time served on the project tomorrow.  Mary said I could, so it's cool, and I'm just itching to escape responsibility.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment