Tuesday 12 February 2013

Day Four - Project 2

  Yesterday I believe I made some delightfully optimistic comment about hitting my stride with the project.  I do believe that.  I hit my stride full on while my stride wasn't watching where he was going and my stride is like this HUGE GUY and he didn't see me and I fell and I dropped my grocery bag and  my eggs were in one of the bags and the eggs broke and it was a reusable grocery bag with the logo from my favourite comic book convention and so that's ruined and my stride was all like flexing and he said "Hey there" - and I can't remember if it was "Little guy" or "Old timer" but my stride was totally demeaning me and even though he helped me up he wrenched my shoulder doing it.

  I'm sore today, is what I'm saying.

  I have almost no new statistical data to report.  I feel proud to have simply stayed the same given how my back, legs, arms, and shoulders feel.  Most everything is the same except my attempt to do the splits, which has a span between feet of 69 and 1/2 inches.  I thought this was nifty because that's my height. Any better and I can at least say to people who think my projects are a waste of time, "Hey pal, I can spread my feet apart to a distance that is equal to or greater than my height."  By can I mean I will have the ability to say this.  It seems like a lot of dialog to memorize and with projects taking up most of my spare time I don't want to lose any more sleep for one boring factoid.

  And my standing toe touch is now 3 and 1/4 inches from the floor.  

  I am going to engage now in one of my less favourite activities.  Soaking in a hot bath.  I prefer showers, but I reallyreallyreally want to soak my old  previously enjoyed bones and muscles.

  I'm going to speak to a gym teacher I know for some stretching advice.  I know he's older than me by a few years, but if scientists autopsied us, they'd probably determine his age as 28 and me at Late Pleistocene epoch.  Maybe I can score a few more tips that I didn't have to get from a computer.

  Tomorrow I'll add what I've learned and what I'm probably doing wrong in some kind of helpful list.  

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment