Monday 11 February 2013

Day Three - Project 2

  I think I'm starting to hit the stride of this project.  I'm glad I've still got a week, but I am getting closer each day.  Today, I touched my toes in a sitting posture for a full breath, and briefly touched my foot for a moment at the end of a 30 second hold while trying to touch toes in a standing posture.  I measured my toe-to-toe distance this evening and it is now 68 inches doing a sad attempt at the splits for a 30 count.  Oh, and for those of you who like visual humour:

There, you like that?  You sick pervert.

  It's kind of cool that my partner Mary thought to outfit our house with the day-care style floor mats.  My heels were killing me before I laid them out for stretching.  Forget getting them for your kids, they make your hallways bouncy and colourful and your kid won't appreciate them like your working-every-day feet will!

  I am definitely getting the feeling that a couple of short stretching sessions are what I'm taking away from this project after it's all said and done.  I mean, I know logically that I wouldn't be horseback riding or pickling every day for the rest of my life (TANGY DILL COWBOY! CRUNCH! ZING!  I've got my own theme song for it, but you sing it however you want), but taking a little time each day to stretch and stay flexible seems to be easy enough.

  -Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment