Friday 1 February 2013

Day Three - Project 1





  So, yeah.  There.  That's a picture of me there.  This may shock you, but I don't actually photograph well.  My partner Mary suggested she simply take pictures without my knowledge throughout the first project, for the really candid effect.  To let you know what it's like to REALLY sit in a somewhat comfortable chair.  To know the wonder of not having a second to suck in the gut that's back with a vengeance.

  I think she's right, actually.  The whole point of this is to become more than I was when I started.  More metaphorically.  So hopefully less, quantitatively, in one way.

  I weigh 252 pounds, and am 5'9" tall.  That's actually 40 pounds less than than my worst, but about 40 pounds worse than my most recent best.

  This isn't a weight loss bjournal.  I had an idea for one of those, where the idea would be to actually try to really get into shape and lose a lot of weight, because the idea was a fictional weight loss journal that turns into a guy in a Zombie apocalypse videotaping his thoughts for posterity.  See, if I was losing weight, it would look like I was doing it because I had to ration food.

  Never did anything with the idea.  Again, lazy.  Hey, if someone wants to do that, it's free, but I want to watch it, and I want it to be well done, in a minimalist way.  You don't even need to see the zombies.

  I have lost my way.

  Okay.  Overweight.  I still have 997 days, and a bunch of Physical Challenge projects.  I think the goal should be to try as hard as is fat-humanly possible, because if it doesn't work, hey, the internet gets more entertainment.  I'll try to videotape some of it.

 
  I thought I should also give you my first ever "Selfie", but I have tiny little lips so I can't pout well.  Plus, I want you to know what I'm like on the inside.

  Today was very little time on the digital element of this project, and more analog work.  I can't decide whether I should post a personally made video tomorrow, or provide the "List So Far" of the projects I am definitely going to do.

  I will sleep-apnia on it and get back to you.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment