Tuesday 5 March 2013

Day Five - Project 4

  Eu-Freakin-Reka!  So, to be clear, I am the most awesome Knittist that ever knat or will have ever knut.  You wanna see the knifty and knice work I have done?  Behold.

Oh, yeah.  I TOTALLY did that.
    Just for the record, to get a sense of the consciousness-obliterating amazingness that is my handiwork, here's my only ever selfie...selfy?  Selfee?  I'll ask one of my students, they care about the correct spelling of best-before-due-date-slang.  Whatever, here's the pic with a sense of the scale of my achievement:

Can you deal with THIS?  No, you can NOT.
   I think I actually achieved a couple moments of that zen level of medititation crap while knitting.  I was not ticked off, and I was actually enjoying myself.  Mary and I were listening to a William Gibson audiobook of essays and trying to knit.  Mary allowed me to photograph her expressing her feelings on the experience of knitting.

I need a portmanteau word for attractive and aggravated.
   Despite the fact that I have completely and for all time knocked the world of knitting on its ear, I think tomorrow I will try purling for the first time.  And if you think my potential dishrag .5 is astonishing, wait till you see it with knitting that looks like...whatever purling does that differentiates it from knit stitches.

  Good Knite!

  -Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment