Sunday 10 March 2013

Day Nine - Project 4

  We spent the day visiting Mary's mother, and her sister and sister's family.  I spent the time we were chatting knitting, especially when visiting her Mom.  I like how supportive she is - professing to be very impressed that I can barely do more than a knit stitch.  Heck, Mary's aunt and grandmother (Grand-Mere is 103) were blown away when they saw me change a diaper three years ago - My kid's, not mine.  I think the assumption of men being unwilling or unable to do these things raised me a little in their estimation, like a monkey that can wear a fez while riding a tricycle.  But these are women I respect, and I will take any estimation I can get.

  I have officially told my little girl that the super dishrag is definitely going to be a blanket for "Lambie", so I can't take it back now.  Magda sleeps from 7 pm to 7 am without fussing, I ought to be paying hourly wages and contributing to a pension plan for that sheep puppet.  A half-assed blanket is the least I can do.  Plus, Magda is psyched.

  Still haven't figured out binding off, Knitting's finishing move, and I'm so wiped from driving, I'm considering the hours of knitting while chatting with the in-laws my time served.

  Tomorrow is what I've learned.  (Can you guess?  It starts with "K")

-Mike  

No comments:

Post a Comment