Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day Six - Project 4

  Purling seems to be my next big hurdle.  I got knit stitches down so that I could knit while running my chess club. This is a purl stitch.  "Right, so you know the stitches that you were told to keep a little loose?  Well, all of a sudden they are going to tighten up like a stressed person's air passage, and even if you are using mono-molecular cyberpunk-era knitting needles , the needles will not get thorough the stitch without first going through the yarn a half dozen times so as to stretch and ruin each stitch in its inevitable turn."

  And I was doing so well.  

  A colleague offered to help me today, and if she has a break at the same time I do, I'm totally taking her up on it.  I might ask one of the seventh graders, who grabbed my needles and started knitting like a champ at the end of lunch.  I've got a chess tournament to run tomorrow, so that should be easy.

  I'm still knitting the same piece from yesterday, and I'll show some pictures tomorrow.  I'm thinking I'll do what everyone who doesn't know what they're making or how to end it does.  Giant Doctor Who scarf.

  -Mike

  

No comments:

Post a Comment