Tuesday 26 March 2013

Day Six - Project 6

  I finally got back on the mule.  I reduced my intended distance.  I thought I did anyway.  I just googled it and I only took a kilometre off the whole round trip compared to last time (now I'm scared again).

  I did stretch and warm up, and I also cooled down afterward.  There was one snag.

  A freight train was travelling in the same direction as me on my return leg.  This was not some POWERFUL LOCOMOTIVE, it was huffing and puffing its car-carrier-cars along at a nice slow clip.  I mean pleasant-speed-the-trainyard-bulls-won't-catch-us-Big-Rock-Candy-Mountain-Awaits-other-hobo-reference.  Nothing too fast.

  But you see, I like Superman.  The comic books, cartoons, movies.  Christopher Reeve was on my wall when I was little.  I jumped off low rooftops with a cape and a dream.  And I remember when he ran home from high school in the 70s Superman.  So, yeah, at the end of my run, I started to put on a little racing speed.  I don't know what I was expecting.  Of course I beat it.  It stops frequently.

  So I'm guessing I overdid it again.

  Tomorrow is going to SUUUUUUUCK.

  -Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment