Thursday 21 March 2013

Day Seven - Project 5

Monday, March 18

  Read another couple of pages of this....misdemeanor against humanity.  If you ever get a time machine, do like I said, go back and give it to Mark Twain.  DO NOT GO TO AN ELIZABETHAN ERA PARTY.  It would be like first-semester political science students, and hipsters, and drunken hockey parents, and panda bears, all together.  "Dangerous Thing" levels of little knowledge, mixed with toxic amounts of self-amusement, mixed with unbelievable degrees of indulgence and over-indulgence, mixed with pointless existence.

  Wow.  I hate a lot of things.

  One of them is Love's Labour's Lost.

  There is no end in sight of this.

   I memorized the following from Macbeth.  It may not be word for word, but I've noticed my memory starting to go in the last couple years, so I'm proud of it:

  Life's but a walking shadow;  it is a poor player
  Who frets and struts his hour upon the stage
  And is heard no more;  It is a tale told by an idiot
  Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

  If Shakespeare hadn't also written those words, I would say that Love's Labour's Lost was proof of idiocy.

  -Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment