Tuesday 26 March 2013

Day Five - Project 6

  So, the suggestions on the sites I looked at say I should stretch and warm up outside, in the weather in which I'll be jogging.  And man, everything I've ever read says you have to cool down after a workout.  I hate that.  I want to just slam on the brakes and be done.  That's how I roll.  By not rolling.  Just shifting into PARK and the engine be damned.  Hmmmm.  I think my analogy is teaching me things.  All right then.

  Oh, also, they said don't try to start off with too much.  Apparently you can put a lot of strain on yourself.  Interesting.  Just do a short neighbourhood jog.  Huh.  I guess that makes sense...for wusses!

  (He says still feeling residual soreness three days later)

  All right.  I have the information.  I have a battle plan.  I am ready to go.

  (Few Hours Later)

  I didn't go.  It turns out, I'm a-scared.  I have this horrible feeling that everytime I try this, I'm going to hurt myself more and more, and then die.  And I can't die yet.  I should have more of a story arc than that.  Maybe when I've only got one more project to do - for the "Oh, how sad" factor.  Or, maybe when I'm a month from retirement, and than the maverick rookie student teacher I've been training has to go on a mad spree of revenge!  "Old Schooling", starring someone I like from a while ago, and introducing someone I've never heard of, in the summer blockbuster of the...summer.

  I will run tomorrow, okay.  I promise.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment